McKinley Presbyterian Church & Foundation (don’t confuse us with the university’s McKinley Health Center) is centrally located in Champaign-Urbana on the University of Illinois campus, easily accessible by car, bicycle, and bus. Our contact information:
809 S. Fifth St.
Champaign, IL 61820
General email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Worship: Our service is at 10:30 a.m. on Sundays. The main church entrance is at Fifth and John streets, with a wheelchair ramp on the east side of the building. Please see New Here? for more details for newcomers.
- Space rentals: Contact our office with questions about renting space in our foundation or church building.
- Weddings: Please see our Weddings page.
- Welcoming LGBTQ: McKinley, a More Light Presbyterian Church, supports full participation of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning people in the life, ministry, and witness of the Presbyterian Church (USA) and in society.
Kathleen Robbins, director of operations, finance, and administration: email@example.com, 217-344-0297 x103
Julia Abel, director of Christian education: firstname.lastname@example.org, 217-344-0297 x106
Yohei Endo, Director of music and organist: email@example.com
On the weekends you’ll find a variety of free parking options. Parking is available on all the streets around our facilities (but on Saturdays, don’t neglect to feed the meter — on Sundays the meters are free). There are also university parking decks and lots within one block, which are free on the weekends.
Bike racks are available outside McKinley’s Foundation building.
Several public bus routes come as close as or closer than the Illini Union, just two blocks from McKinley.
- Green West (central and west-central Champaign)
- Green East (central and southeast Urbana)
- Orchard Downs
- Yellow North (central and northern Champaign)
- Yellow South (Champaign south of campus and Savoy)
- Silver (north, northeast, and east Urbana)
We are accessible from many other areas with a transfer to one of the lines above. For more information on bus routes and schedules, consult the MTD website.
The sanctuary (upper floor) of McKinley Church is accessible by a wheelchair ramp along on the west side of the building — enter it from the north end of the breezeway. The basement of the church building is accessible by a ramp at the corner of Fifth and John Streets.
Assistive listening devices and large-print bulletins are available in the sanctuary foyer for use in worship. The sanctuary has plenty of room for wheelchairs, and we have a simple wheelchair available for use on the premises. If standing is difficult, you are welcome to remain seated throughout the service.
The first floor of the foundation building is accessible to those with mobility impairments by a wheelchair ramp at the Daniel Street entrance (the south side). A wheelchair lift inside makes much, but not all, of the first floor accessible. The second floor is accessible using the elevator in Presby Hall residence hall (enter under the Presby Hall sign west of the breezeway).
We are aware of the limits imposed by the retrofitted accessibility features on our old buildings; we are working to make our entire campus fully accessible. Your suggestions for improving our accommodations, in the meantime or in the long term, are welcome.