People differ in what they seek from church, as well as what they aspire to give. And we know that one’s hopes and desires change with time and the seasons of life. We offer our activities with open arms, encouraging you to know and be known by those around you. Here is just some of what we do:
- We gather for conversation (and treats) every week before worship.
- “Trunk or Treat” brings together kids and adults of all ages for Halloween fun and games.
- A lot of fun happens around food: pre-Thanksgiving potluck, midwinter Chili Cook-Off, pancakes before Lent begins, Palm Sunday brunch, ice cream socials, tailgate parties… (Is your mouth watering yet?)
Gather around shared circumstance.
- Interested folks (mostly women) get together one evening a month. Some months they do an activity; other months an invited guest discusses a topic of interest.
- Retired men gather every first Tuesday morning at 8 a.m. at the Original Pancake House, Champaign (map).
- Our education team hosts fun events for kids and families throughout the year.
Work toward common ends.
- Teams of volunteers (aka “committees”) keep our infrastructure running year-round. Whatever their focus, each team welcomes newcomers!
- Our kids do a service project together on the first Sunday each month.
- Cyclical activities include combating hunger through the local CROP Walk and delivering Meals on Wheels.
- Through a powerful model called Share the Care, we work together to meet needs of McKinley people experiencing stressful circumstances, whether for a few weeks or a number of years.
The needs in the world are great, and we take seriously our role in helping meet them. We welcome your partnership as we share God’s love and grace.